Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Crystalized Ginger

Welcome back to my blog! My previous blog BoyWhoCooks had some trouble and I had to make a new one. Technically BoyWhoCooks is not owned by anyone. So now I have Eetrs Obsessions which will have not only recipes but Minecraft/Tekkit videos and anything else I would like to post. With out further ado I present crystalized ginger.

Ingredients:

100g Ginger
1 cup sugar plus more for rolling
1 cup water


Start by peeling the ginger.


And then thinly slice the ginger. Mine was way to thick, the second time I made this I cut it much thiner.


At this point I weighed it.


Next put the sugar and water in a pot.


And bring it to a boil.


Cook the ginger in the syrup for 1-3 hours.


Let it dry for 1-2 hours this step is crucial the ginger turns from a fibrous root into candy.


After the ginger is dry roll it in sugar to coat.


And thats it. This is good on it's own but it is also good in ginger bread. Lastly save your ginger syrup it will help sore throats but make sure not to expose it to sugar crystals or it will turn into wet sugar.

1 comment: