Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Microwave Monday #9 Mocha Snacking Cake



Another recipe I stole from my moms recipe book because it is so good! This cake is one of my favorites because (unlike my chocolate cake) this one has flavor. For some reason I was really annoyed at the fact that my chocolate cake that I used to make almost every day is completely disgusting. It was rubbery, flavorless, and eggy. So try this instead of that.
The ingredients:
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp beaten egg
1/2 Tsp vanilla
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 Tsp baking soda
1/4 Tsp baking powder
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp STRONG coffee.

Add your sugar and butter to a bowl.


Beat it until fluffy.


Add egg and vanilla


Mix that together.


Add all of your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.


And now gather up your coffee, dry ingredients, and butter mixture.


Add your flour mixture to the butter mixture 1/3 at a time.


And then add a 1/2 of your coffee to the batter. 


Replete until all of the flour mixture and coffee is gone.


Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked.


I hope you like this recipe and in two weeks this will come up again so try it and then be prepared to have some more!



No comments:

Post a Comment