Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Microwave Monday #2 Microwave Honey Bun Cake!


I am so excited to post this recipe. All of the microwave yellow cakes I have seen and tried have been eggy, dense, and rubbery but my recipe is even better than the chocolate cake I usually make. How I made this recipe is I took my base recipe for chocolate mug cake and replaced the cocoa powder with flour, replaced the egg for an egg yolk, and I used melted butter instead of oil. Since yellow cake needs to be rich and buttery I used the egg yolk and butter so that it actually tastes like yellow cake. So with out further ado I present.

The ingredients:

6 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp milk
1egg yolk
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla.

The Filling:

1-2 TBSP brown sugar
cinnamon to taste

The glaze:

1/4 cup icing sugar
a splash of milk

Start by mixing together the flour, sugar and baking powder.


Add the butter, milk, egg yolk, and vanilla.


Mix it all together.


In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.


In another mug pour half of the batter.


Sprinkle all of the brown sugar mixture on top of the batter.


Carefully pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon mixture.


Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.


Let the cake cool slightly and while it is cooling mix together the milk and icing sugar.
drizzle it over the cake. Now your all done! I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment