Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Microwave Monday #4 Cookies And Cream/Oreo Cake


Oreos make great baking ingredients. They can be in the bottom of cupcakes, used as decoration, or beaten into frosting. I both added them to the cake and the frosting. I also made it into my first ever microwave layer cake, my first frosted microwave cake, and as a final achievement I made my first white microwave cake.

The ingredients:

1 egg white
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup or 1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 Oreo cookies
Vanilla Buttercream
and a 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/2 lunch container.


Start by beating the egg whites until stiff peaks form.


Add all of the other ingredients except for the buttercream and cookies.


Beat it all together until smooth.


Mix in two crushed Oreos into the batter.


Pour into the pan.


Microwave for 1-2 minutes and allow to cool completely.


After that I cut the cake in half and stacked them onto of each other just a layer cake.



Finish by beating the remaining Oreos into the frosting, filling the cake and then frosting the cake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment